Subject: Re: Sansa Rhapsody - e270R not recognized by synch software

Re: Sansa Rhapsody - e270R not recognized by synch software

From: Werewolf <>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 12:41:05 -0600

Randolph Cooper wrote:
> I used to be able to add files and synch and such. I recently installed
> Rockbox (I love the interface) but now it does not appear when I load
> the player/synching software (e.g. Napster/Songbird). I can see the
> Sansa via windows explorer and can manually move files into the music
> directory. And then if I re-initialize the database they appear fine.
> But it would be nice to have it recognized again in the synching software.
> Two oddities also:
> (1) When I plug the Sansa in Windows seems to recognize it but it throws
> up a dialog just like the one I see when I load an SD card and want to
> transfer pictures and asks which picture transferring software I want to
> use. Of course I don't want to transfer pictures.
> (2) When I go to the Sansa in Windows explorer I see two Sansa entries.
> One is labelled "SANSA E270R", the other labelled "Sansa e200R
> Rhapsody". The latter has nothing there if I click on it. The former
> allows me to access the folders on the Sansa.
> Any constructive suggestions on how to get the Sansa recognized by my
> synching software. I apologize if I havent been clear enough.
> Thanks in advance for any help.
> Coop
> List admin:
> FAQ:
> Etiquette:

Did you check your USB setting on the e270r?? To install rockbock needs
to be changed to Mass Storage type connect. Sycning uses a different
type usb mode.

So try in the original firmware, changing the usb mode.

- --

 GPG key 76E6C1BC with following fingerprint
D508 2C9D B3A9 2F0E E472 95A8 2D8C B9E6 76E6 C1BC
Mal (looking at the transmitter past a fall to certain doom): "'Hard to get
to'?! That's a fact!"
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (MingW32)
Comment: Portable Thunderbird version (20080914)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -

List admin: