Subject: RE: Sansa Rhapsody - e270R not recognized by synch software

RE: Sansa Rhapsody - e270R not recognized by synch software

From: R. Cooper <rhcooper_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 14:13:41 -0600

I figured it out and that worked.

Hold left button down on reboot.

Thanks so much :-)

Coop

-----Original Message-----
From: Werewolf [mailto:werewolf6851_at_gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2009 12:41 PM
To: Rockbox
Cc: rhcooper_at_yahoo.com

Randolph Cooper wrote:
> I used to be able to add files and synch and such. I recently
> installed Rockbox (I love the interface) but now it does not appear
> when I load the player/synching software (e.g. Napster/Songbird). I
> can see the Sansa via windows explorer and can manually move files
> into the music directory. And then if I re-initialize the database they
appear fine.
> But it would be nice to have it recognized again in the synching software.
>
> Two oddities also:
>
> (1) When I plug the Sansa in Windows seems to recognize it but it
> throws up a dialog just like the one I see when I load an SD card and
> want to transfer pictures and asks which picture transferring software
> I want to use. Of course I don't want to transfer pictures.
>
> (2) When I go to the Sansa in Windows explorer I see two Sansa entries.
> One is labelled "SANSA E270R", the other labelled "Sansa e200R
> Rhapsody". The latter has nothing there if I click on it. The former
> allows me to access the folders on the Sansa.
>
> Any constructive suggestions on how to get the Sansa recognized by my
> synching software. I apologize if I havent been clear enough.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Coop

Did you check your USB setting on the e270r?? To install rockbock needs to
be changed to Mass Storage type connect. Sycning uses a different type usb
mode.

So try in the original firmware, changing the usb mode.

- --

Werewolf
 GPG key 76E6C1BC with following fingerprint
D508 2C9D B3A9 2F0E E472 95A8 2D8C B9E6 76E6 C1BC
Mal (looking at the transmitter past a fall to certain doom): "'Hard to get
to'?! That's a fact!"
                                --"Serenity"