Subject: Determining the version of an already installed bootloader

Determining the version of an already installed bootloader

From: Andrew Hart <ahart_at_dim.uchile.cl>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 10:05:01 +1000

Hi folks,

I've just laid my hands on another iriver H340. The battery is dead, so
I'll have to replace it, and the player has already been Rockboxed but
with an extremely old version of Rockbox.

I will be installing a current version of Rockbox on the player, however
I'd like to check the version of the bootloader that is on it so I know
if I also need to update that. Yes, the player could be that old! :-)
 I'm blind so perhaps the version number is printed upon boot, but I
just don't know. Some advice would be appreciated so I can
appropriately direct a pair of eyes where and when to look when I get
the loan of them.

        Cheers,
Andrew.
I am wondering how I can determine the version of the bootloader that is