Subject: a bit OT: broken recorded file with Archos Rec V1

a bit OT: broken recorded file with Archos Rec V1

From: Michael Hentschel <>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 12:06:43 +0100

Not entirely OT, since the file in question was recorded with Rockbox
3.01 on an 8MB Archos Jukebox 20 Recorder V1. I hope a few of you MP3
experts out there might help me.

Here is my problem:
I have recorded a concert via line-in and my Jukebox happily generated a
~200 MB MP3 file. After ~38 min. the playback starts to stutter or
sounds like changing speed all the time, or on Winamp freezes completely.

My assumption:
Something wrong with the VBR headers. If I manually scroll anywhere into
the affected section, the audio data seems to be there (I can clearly
recognize the music) but the stuttering remains.

I have tried vbrfix, without success.

Does anyone have ideas or knows tools how to fix that kind of problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

List admin: