Subject: RE: iPod Classic support?

RE: iPod Classic support?

From: Sant, Nick (NY) <nsant_at_institutionalinvestor.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 10:10:00 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: rockbox-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se [mailto:rockbox-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se]
On Behalf Of John Smith
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 9:04 AM
To: rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se
Subject: iPod Classic support?
 I have an iPod Classic, which I think is also called "6th generation".
I assume I'm getting this install error because it's not supported? If
so, will RockBox support this model anytime soon? I sure would love to
nuke the iPod firmware!

Hey John,

The iPod Classic is not supported by Rockbox. As per the front page:
"Apple: 1st through 5.5th generation iPod, iPod Mini and 1st generation
iPod Nano (not the Shuffle, 2nd/3rd/4th gen Nano, Classic or Touch)".
Whether it will be supported in the future depends on certain
encryption/security measures which thus far have not been "cracked".
There are no timeframes for when (or indeed, if) it will be.

Thanks,

Nick.

DISCLAIMER: The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient(s), any use, disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by e-mail or by telephone at 212-224-3300 and then delete the e-mail and all attachments and any copies thereof.

Institutional Investor Inc. cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this e-mail, as it has been transmitted over a public network. If you suspect that the e-mail may have been intercepted or amended, please call the sender. Any views expressed by an individual in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the views of Institutional Investor Inc. This communication is from Institutional Investor Inc., a company incorporated in the State of Delaware in the United States of America and located at 225 Park Avenue South, New York, New York 10003.