Subject: Archos Jukebox Recorder - installation help needed

Archos Jukebox Recorder - installation help needed

From: David <>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 06:52:11 +0100

Hi, listers!
Yesterday I received my Archos Jukebox Recorder (v1). I went to the RB website, and downloaded the zip file holding RB v3.1. Also, I downloaded the English voice zip file, accordingly.

I unzipped the files from both zip archieves onto my Archos Jukebox Recorder. Then unplugged, and turned on the unit. Yes, it does spin up, and if I press a few times on the down-key, then on play, it does start to play one of my mp3s. But there is NO - absolutely NO - voicing of the things I do. Being blind, I am helpless. What should I do, that I have not yet done?

I plugged the unit into the USB again, and browsed the .rockbox diretory. There I found one .cfg file, which only contained ONE command: Volume -11

Should I add on any further lines in the .cfg file, so as to turn on speech?

all feedback welcome; thanks!

List admin: