Subject: known issue with Archos dont speaks menus?

known issue with Archos dont speaks menus?

From: Georg Kellerer <gkellerer_at_wintotal-mitglied.de>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 19:04:11 +0100

Hi,

i tried to install the V3.1 release of Rockbox on my Archos Recorder v1. I
also installed the apropriate english voice file but my player did not speak
the menus. the voice Menu setting was an and the player speaks my
_dirname.talk-files. all settings was right but it still don't speak the
menus. I thought that there was a memory problem but the installed
englisch.voice-File is smaller than that of my 2.5-Rockbox-Edition.

Is this a know issue? I could not find anything about that in the tracker or
in the Mailbox archive. does anybody know a solution for that?

thanks a lot for your help,
Georg