Subject: Re: Rockbox skips through Ogg files

Re: Rockbox skips through Ogg files

From: Matt Reath <>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 07:25:11 -0600

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 12:10:04AM -0600, Alex Meyer wrote:
> Matthew Reath wrote:
>> I have rockbox installed on an IAudio X5 20gb and when I select an Ogg
>> file to play it just skips through all of the songs and then displays
>> (root). Like it started to read each one but just moved onto the
>> next. These were all converted MP3 files. I converted the files .wav
>> and then to .ogg.
>> I can plug the iaudio into the computer and play all of the ogg files
>> of off the player using VLC or cplay.
>> Is there a special bitrate or anything that Ogg files need to be in
>> for Rockbox to play them?
> I'd bet your files have id3 tags instead of and/or in addition to the
> standard Vorbis comments.
> Also, it's not a good idea to transcode lossy files.

Ok, I've removed the ID3 tags with id3ed -r and made sure the directory structure is ok.

MUSIC/311/Blue/01 Down.ogg
MUSIC/311/Blue/02 Random.ogg
MUSIC/311/Blue/14 T & P Combo.ogg

I'm going to try to remove the spaces in the filenames now, don't
think that should make a difference.

But, basically Rockbox won't play any of my Ogg files, very strange.
They play perfectly in Ubuntu though.

Do the Ogg files have to have Ogg comments to work properly in

> List admin:
> FAQ:
> Etiquette:

List admin: