Subject: Re: Can't see my e260 in winXP

Re: Can't see my e260 in winXP

From: Yan Seiner <>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 11:10:23 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, February 3, 2009 10:38 am, Don Perley wrote:
> Yan Seiner wrote:
>> I just put Rockbox on my Sansa e260. Rockbox itself works fine, but
>> when
>> I plug it into my PC, it recognizes a USB storage device, but any
>> attempt
>> to click on it pops up a message "Please insert a disk drive into drive
>> X:".
>> Any ideas?
> I think the drive you are clicking on is the one for the microsd slot.
> Normally, in storage mode, you see one drive for the slot ("Removeable
> Disk") and one for the main player memory ("Sansa E270" in my case.)

That actually sounds like the reason. I tried with a USB memory stick and
while the system goes through the motions of mounting (or attaching, or
whatever XP calls it) the drive, nothing appears in Windows Explorer.
Must be a "feature" of this system.

Similarly, only one drive appears when I plug the Sansa in rather than the
two I see with linux.

Yan Seiner      (_)\(_)       ,>/'_     o__
       Personal Trainer      (_)\(_)    ,>/'_        o__
             Professional Engineer     (_)\(_)       ,>/'_
Who says engineers have to be pencil necked geeks?  (_)\(_)
You are an adult when you realize that everyone's an idiot sometimes. You
are wise when you include yourself.
List admin: