Subject: Re: Noticable Pop Between Tracks (Sansa)

Re: Noticable Pop Between Tracks (Sansa)

From: Michael Sevakis <>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 15:26:31 -0500

> Once I had some free time, I was able to do some real testing (hopefully,
> this will be specific enough to keep even Paul happy).
> First, I did a from-scratch (i.e. rm -rf .rockbox) install of r20029 from
> on one of my C240s.
> I generated a ten-second 440Hz tone, cut it in half, and added wav
> headers:

I didn't go as far as you but I did make a new test tone, cut in half on a
peak and tried both WAV and LAME-encoded versions. The LAME encoded version
had a slight pop whereas the pure WAV file was seamless. Formats that are
inherently gapless (anything lossless and vorbis) never had any issues. I
guess the MP3 issue isn't truely solved.

List admin: