Subject: possible fault with player

possible fault with player

From: alex wallis <>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 17:17:14 -0000

Hi list.
Recently I have been noticing stability issues with my player, but I put it
down to running an experimental build.
Issues I was experiencing were things like when I was fast forwarding the
player would suddenly skip to a new track. Other times, the players volume
was slow to adjust or wouldn't alter at all for several minutes.
This was using the main 140 unit.
So today I decided to revert back to my really old build that functioned
fine on my player for over a year. The former behaviour I was experiencing
I found that if I was in a list of files or settings for example if I tried
to rapidly scroll through them some times the joystick wouldn't respond with
every movement.
I guess this means I probably have a fault developing somewhere in my
player. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be that is going? and if
there is any way I can confirm it for sure?
and of course if something is going how easy might it be to replace?

Any thoughts would be very welcome.

List admin: