Subject: RE: Proposal for updating/maintenance of iPod Acc. page

RE: Proposal for updating/maintenance of iPod Acc. page

From: Dave Woyciesjes <>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 10:06:57 -0500

Rockbox Technical Forums wrote:
> You have just been sent a personal message by akahhannah on Rockbox Technical Forums....
> Hi! I saw your "Proposal for updating/maintenance of iPod Accessories Wiki page",
> nice initiative; this thread might give you some ideas:
> Specially probably including the information of the hex bytes under IAP PACKET
> found in system->debug->view i/o ports menu, when pressing steering wheel and
> buttons, since that info might help someday someone to make it work.
> I used a Kensington dock that doesn't work either, maybe all the Kensington
> accessories have the same behaviour at the moment, you can check

        I tried to reply, but apparently I'm not allowed to send personal
messages in the forum. Oh well...
        As for including the IAP PACKET info, I suppose the place for that
would be adding a comment to the bug FlySpray FS#9951: There is a link to it on the
Acc page also.
        The page is the place to see if a particular accessory works or not.
The bug is for troubleshooting and hopefully fixing.

--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818
--- AIM - woyciesjes
--- CompTIA A+ Certified IT Tech -
--- HDI Certified Support Center Analyst -
"From there to here,
 From here to there,
Funny things
are everywhere."