Subject: Re: Proposal for updating/maintenance of iPod Acc. page

Re: Proposal for updating/maintenance of iPod Acc. page

From: David Hall <>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 21:50:31 -0500

Ok, moved working accessories to the new table, fixed (some) formatting
1 - Please do not encourage people to contact you via personal email.
Rockbox business should be kept on the public lists / forums / IRC.
2 - Please attach product images directly to the wiki, do not deep-link
images on other servers. This is not only rude, but the images are
likely to go bye-bye.
3 - Still need to debate the merits of (if not outright do):
     A - "Other" feature category in addition to the existing
"Charging", "Audio Out", "Remote", "Audio In". Perhaps "Charging should
be dropped as the answer is always positive or NA - with the exception
of one - that could be replaced with a big "X" in "Other".
     B - Language needed to emphasize the need to test with and without
Accessory Power enabled - and a column is needed to report IF power is
needed. No use wasting battery runtime if the accessory does not need
     C - "Verifier" has been filled out twice since I made this table,
both of those times by me. Bloody waste of space, IMHO.
4 - The more I look the more deep-links I see. We need to move those
all on-site if possible, IMHO, or at least link something less
transitory than manufacturer / dealer websites.
5 - Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this.

List admin: