Subject: Re: iRiver drive replacement question

Re: iRiver drive replacement question

From: Boby <>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 06:45:01 +0100

Here is a list of notes that I took when I changed the HD and battery of
my H340 .
If it can help :

Mémoire vive claude

512 mb 2Rx16 PC2

M470T6554CZ3-CE6 0652

tu risque d'avoir du mal à trouver neuf, sauf sur Ebay. je pense que
les modèles de disques compatibles sont anciens déjà.

Rockbox targets using 1.8" drives

     Original Drive

     50 Pins

1.8" Drive Comparison
The 1.8" drives come with various connectors:

  a.. PC-Card (68 pins)
  b.. 50-pin ATA (male connector for Hitachi, female connector for
  c.. 44-pin ATA (like 2.5" HDDs, long side)
  d.. 40-pin ZIF
  e.. 18-pin CE-ATA (serial connection based on the MMC standard)
Our supported targets all use the 50-pin ATA drives except for the iPod
Video and Gigabeat X which use the ZIF 40 connector.

The following table compares Toshiba's range of 1.8" drives. Based on
the table at

      Model #
     Capacity (GB)
     Thickness (mm)

     50 Pins

      Product Description
     Toshiba MK4004GAH - hard drive - 40 GB - ATA-100

      Form Factor

      Dimensions (WxDxH)
     5.4 cm x 7.9 cm x 8 mm

     62 g

     Hard drive - internal

      Data Transfer Rate
     100 MBps

      Interface Type
     DMA/ATA-100 (Ultra)

     40 GB

      Average Seek Time
     15 ms

      Spindle Speed
     4200 rpm

      Heads (Physical)

Drives compatible with the 140/340

Toshiba MK4006GAH

Toshiba MK6006GAH
Toshiba MK8007GAH

MK8007GAH (Hx40 only)
MK6006GAH (Hx40 only)
MK4006GAH (Hx40 only)

Vente de pièces détachées
Tel : 01 30 90 64 02 (coût en fonction du lieu d'appel)
Du lundi au jeudi de 9H à 12H et de 13H à 17H,
le vendredi de 9H à 12H et de 13H à 16H

0147 28 28 28

08 92 35 01 92

Informatique 08 92 69 70 92

I've got just the place!

These guys also have a 60GB drive, if you're interested:

I guess you just have to take the padding and bumpers off of it and it's

Hi - I've just done an HDD replacement in my H320

the 40Gig drives may be getting hard to find - a 60Gig should be easy.

Start by looking
here for drive

Where you buy the drives from is up to you but good old eBay is good for
searching if not buying. If you are in the UK I got mine from Ultratek's
eBay store - I'm pretty sure they have 60Gig drives, but there are
plenty of sites offering replacement drives for iPods - you need a
Toshiba (only I think) and not one of the ZIF types.

Formatting the drives may need a utility (search the forums for swiss

And if you haven't already taken your machine to bits go looking at
Mistic River for instructions on changing the battery to find out how to
get the player to bits.

            69100 VILLEURBANNE
           Tél : 0478946067
            Fax : 0472443643