Subject: Re: New 240gig harddrive problems

Re: New 240gig harddrive problems

From: Steve Martin <>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 00:50:19 -0400

> It seems to be getting the sector size error in the bootloader stage.
> Since it hangs there, I can't get it boot to either Rockbox or the
> ipod OS.  The only option I see now is:
> - Open up my ipod again
> - Put the old drive in
> - Uninstall the bootloader
> - Put new drive in
> - Try installing a new bootloader with the sector size expanded
> - repeat until it works

Ok, I just found the page:

which contains instructions for booting to disk mode for bootloader
crashes during development. I now happily have my ipod connected to
my machine again. I guess I'll start hacking into the code again. I
hope I remember how... I switched from being a software developer to
being a stagehand about 4 years ago!

Steve Martin
List admin: