Subject: Help needed - building rombox

Help needed - building rombox

From: Michael Hentschel <>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 09:20:59 +0100

Hi all!

I have an Archos Recorder V1 with 8MB RAM and RockBox flashed (no
BootBox yet). I would like to run RockBox directly from ROM (RomBox). I
searched the archives and found some hints that RomBox is built no more
for recorders since it has become too large.
I have set up a cygwin environment, downloaded the source from the 3.2
release and believe I am ready to compile.
My question is: can I fit RomBox in my flash if I (install BootBox, of
course and) disable some features I don't need (eg. the tag database)?
If so, where would I disable those (I was hoping to just undef them
somewhere, or does it need more re-coding)?

I am sure a lot of you did that and can point me to the right places (or
threads, if this has been discussed else where).

Big thanks!!

List admin: