Subject: Re: Choice of Desktop Software for use with Rockbox?

Re: Choice of Desktop Software for use with Rockbox?

From: Adam Golding <adamgolding_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 10:32:10 -0400

Those are certainly 'go to' programs for a lot of this stuff, but I haven't
been able to determine much with them--my own shortlist of hopefuls would
be:

  Winamp
  Foobar
  MediaMonkey
  WMP
  iTunes (if support for FLAC/ogg/wm/ape could somehow be achieved with
plugins)
  Jriver Media Center
  Helium Music Manager
  Songbird
  Amarok

The barrier seems to be that rockbox will not write tags from the db to the
files (because it would be hard on the flash, I think I was told--although
as an owner of a hard drive player (ipod 5.5G) I can almost wish this were
possibe), so no simple file sync operation will suffice--the program would
have to read the rockboxdb and apply information to the appropriate files on
the desktop--I haven't located this functionality anywhere.. :-(