Subject: Re: [SPAM] Installing RockBox on my Sansa E250 v1

Re: [SPAM] Installing RockBox on my Sansa E250 v1

From: Christopher Chaltain <cchaltain_at_austin.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 14:39:41 -0500

John Chilelli wrote:
> I have tried using the automatic installation from the RockBox site.
> The rbutilqt-v1.2.zip file successfully downloaded to my desktop
> alright, when I tried to invoke it, I keep getting a configuration
> error that goes nowhere. My question is how does this .zip program
> work to place the files in the Sansa root folder. I've tried
> everythingI know to do.

>> The automatic installation method using Rockbox Utility should be
>> used. Especially if you're not familiar with what a .zip files is. If
>> you wish to do that, Google can teach you about how to extract .zip
>> files. The method depends on what program you wish to use, but it's
>> considered a very basic computer task and there are dozens of
>> different preferences you can have about what software to use.

Assuming you're using windows XP, and you have the Sansa attached as a mass storage device, you can extract the files from the .zip archive onto the Sansa using Windows Explorer. Just go to File -> Extract All ....

Also, you're "top posting" which isn't following the list etiquette. You can read up on the list etiquette by following the link at the bottom of every post.

--
Christopher
cchaltain_at_austin.rr.com