Subject: Re: Sansa e280 behaving weirdly

Re: Sansa e280 behaving weirdly

From: Donald Perley <perley_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 08:00:15 -0400

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 2:56 AM, Matthew Edwards <
monopocalypse+rockbox_at_gmail.com <monopocalypse%2Brockbox_at_gmail.com>> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I've got a Sansa e280 with Rockbox installed. When I tried to update
> At this point, I can boot the player, and it will run rockbox
> perfectly, with with the latest bootloader and rockbox 3.2, but if I
> try to boot the OF or connect the usb cable, the boot messages end
> with:
>
> Can't load from partition
> Bad Checksum
> Trying System/OF.mi4
> Can't load System/OF.mi4
> File not found
> Trying System/OF.bin
> Can't load System/OF.bin
> File not found
>
> And it turns off after a second.
>
> Where should I go from here?

Sounds like the original firmware is corrupted. I don't know the details,
but there's some "secret handshake" safe mode boot you can use to reload the
Sansa firmware. Look around on the Sansa forum
http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/

That will possibly overwrite the Rockbox bootloader.