Subject: Re: Problems with the Sansa e280

Re: Problems with the Sansa e280

From: Christopher Chaltain <cchaltain_at_austin.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 21:47:38 -0500

Nico Moret wrote:
> Yes, I have rockbox installed, so I guess I am connecting via rockbox.
> I use version R1.86.
>
> On Thu, 23 Apr 2009, Nico Moret wrote:
>
>> I experience two problems with the sansa e280.
>> 1. Connecting the sansa to the pc in USB mode often will not give a
>> letter under the My computer.
>> The sansa is turned off before I connect it. I usually have to do this
>> several times before the pc recognizes the sansa.
>> Does anyone have a idea?
>>

> Are you connecting via Rockbox (and, if so, which version) or the original
> firmware?
>
> I had this problem with the OF and found that the best "solution" was to
> avoid it by enabling USB in my Rockbox builds. This is now the default, so
> a newish Rockbox install shouldn't ever require booting the OF.
>
> Of course, if it's the Rockbox USB stack giving you problems, that's another
> matter...

On my Sansa, with Rockbox installed, when I connect it to my PC via USB, the Rockbox firmware will reboot the Sansa into the original Sansa firmware. Sometimes I need to do this twice to get it to take. When I disconnect the Sansa, the Sansa will reboot and reload the Rockbox firmware. I'm running Rockbox version 3.2, which I believe is the latest.

It sounds like you're saying this isn't necessary in the newish versions of Rockbox, and that I can enable the USB stack in Rockbox. It sounds like this is the default, but this isn't the behaviour I'm seeing on my rockbox. Is there a way to configure this? I didn't see anything in the Rockbox menus or the documentation for Rockbox on the Sansa players.

BTW, you're top posting which violates the list etiquette. You should place your comments beneath the message you're replying to, after pruning the message of irrelevant material.

--
Christopher
cchaltain_at_austin.rr.com