Subject: Replacing a Toshiba Gigabeat F Broken Screen

Replacing a Toshiba Gigabeat F Broken Screen

From: Pit Clément <cfpcompte_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 22:48:37 +0000 (GMT)

Hi everybody, I’ve been using rockbox for three years now, until yesterday I dropped my gigabeat F and broke the screen. The rest of the player is undamaged, but the screen is completely dead, and I can’t really see any replacement player that I’d like... I partly disassembled my player, but I just permitted me to realize that I had no idea of how I could unplug/replace the screen. There is a hardware description available on the wiki page, but I don’t have any idea of where I could buy a replacement screen, neither do I know how to replace the broken screen. Has anybody ever managed to replace a broken screen ? Do you have any advice ? Thanks, Clément.