Subject: Re: Replacing a Toshiba Gigabeat F Broken Screen

Re: Replacing a Toshiba Gigabeat F Broken Screen

From: Antony Stone <Antony.Stone_at_rockbox.open.source.it>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 11:34:07 +0100

On Friday 01 May 2009 23:48, Pit Clément wrote:

> Hi
> everybody,
> I’ve been using rockbox for three years now, until
> yesterday I dropped my gigabeat F and broke the screen. The rest of the
> player is undamaged, but the screen is completely dead, and I can’t really
> see any replacement player that I’d like... I partly disassembled my
> player, but I just permitted me to realize that I had no idea of how I
> could unplug/replace the screen. There is a
> hardware description available on the wiki page, but I don’t have any idea
> of where I could buy a replacement screen, neither do I know how to replace
> the broken screen.
> Has anybody ever managed to replace a broken screen ?
> Do you have any advice ?

See if you can find a blind user with the same model who's happy to swap?

(My girlfriend's been on the lookout for an iRiver H3x0 with a broken screen
for some time now for precisely this reason, but so far we've failed to
locate one.)

Hope this helps,

Antony.

--
I own three Windows books, published by O'Reilly.   They are "Windows
Annoyances", "Office 97 Annoyances" and "Windows 98 Annoyances".   That