Subject: Re: [lpc3000] Re: New file uploaded to lpc3000

Re: [lpc3000] Re: New file uploaded to lpc3000

From: Casainho <casainho_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 13:16:24 +0100

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 11:02 PM, Opendous Support
<support_at_avropendous.com> wrote:
> The BUF_? resistors won't matter as these pins are included only as
> test points.  The SCAN_TDO and ARM_TDO resistors shouldn't matter
> either as the pins are buffered on the board through the the JTAG_TDO
> multiplexer.  I did miss them, but it is too late for this revision of
> the board.

Ok, nice to know that everything is ok until now :-)

I read the news on ARMopendous, nice to know that board went to
production. When do you expect to get them? will you get 4 boards?

And when I will be able to get one assembled board?

On LPC3000 group there is already a script file for OpenOCD :-) (I
just need to get that board on my hands to start hacking :-)

---
About the Lyre player hardware, we should keep it simple and cheap.
- LPC3130 + SDRAM is needed. Storage and boot memory I think we just
need one: memory card.
- USB-B for device-only;
- power circuits + battery;
- JTAG;
- expansion connector for the secondary board:
-- buttons;
-- LCD;
-- audio DAC + audio jack OUT + IN.
If you sell the actual board which have more options, will be great!!!
Also we should permit hackers making his own modules, like adding more
audio quality recording lines, etc. Being the hardware Open, will be
great if people start making is own boards, etc.
I saw on news that the GP2X Wiz (http://www.gp2xwiz.com/) is now on
sell, it's great for 150€ have that hardware :-) -- would give a great
hardware for Rockbox? well, no.
GP2X Wiz is not Open Hardware and it's not modular. It can't be by no
way optimized for audio. While with our custom Open Hardware we can
setup our own modules, explore our ideas, thanks to Open Hardware,
Open Firmware and our "open shops".
I mean by "open shops" the shops like the Opendous.com, where we can
buy but also find the sources to adapt, to create our own modules :-)
It's great to be able to make on our own homes our Open Hardware, sell
and exchange it.