Subject: Re: Sansa's from Newegg might be v2

Re: Sansa's from Newegg might be v2

From: Mike Hodson <mystica_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 20:32:34 -0600

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 8:28 PM, Rocker<rocker_at_shaw.ca> wrote:

> **Sure! I grabbed 4 of the little suckers so one should support Rockbox LOL!
> Any way of telling which version one recieves without unsealing the box?
> Like,the product code etc,etc?
>
> I'd hate to unpack my holiday shopping IRK!
>
> Maybe the original firmware is easy to use by a blind guy?
>
> Thanks...rocker

2 things of note:

1, the packaging left a lot to be desired; Flimsy cardboard boxes not
even sealed with tape, inside of a bubble-pack yellow mailing
envelope.

Inside each box, the player, USB cord and requisite marginal
headphones were included all in bubble-wrap bags with lightly sealing
tape. You wouldn't be "breaking" a seal as there wasn't really one to
begin with. Just lightly stuck shut bubble-wrap bags.

There should be no visible difference after you've taken them out and
powered them on to test.

2, the batteries are hit and miss for having any charge in them to
begin with so you'd probably want to charge them all up overnight
before even thinking about gift-giving :)

One of mine fired up right away, the other one I had to plug in.