Subject: Re: question about website feedback

Re: question about website feedback

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 15:49:37 +0100

Alex,

This is a training issue with your screenreader.

I've just had a quick look at the manuals page.

If you use your JFW table reading mode with ctrl alt and arrows, you will be
able to get a better sense of what pdf goes with what link in the table.

The keystroke t jumps straight into the table, another helpful keystroek is
G. The graphics appear to be alt tagged so if you hit g for example you'll
get the player name, then down arrow once to land on the pdf for that model.

I'm using JFW v10 under Win 7 using IE8. No doubt the site like allot of
sites could do with some accessability tweaks, (see W3C Guidelines), but for
the most part I get on OK.

Hi many thanks for the information.
I am using IE 6 I don't like IE 7 and above.
As for graphics settings, I have them disabled as I find them annoying.
I think the majority of people probably have them disabled. I enabled them
though just to test out what you said.
You are right pressing g does navigate to the players name, however in the
case of the h 1xx series, the graphic appears to be labeled as h100 for both
h140 and the h100 itself.
regarding your suggestion for navigating with table keystrokes,
this doesn't work that well for me.
as when you get into the table if you go to the second row and start reading
the columns from left to right, it reads the player model, then all the
links for that in one go so on line, pdf and html zip are all read together.
when you change the row or column of the table.
also, as I am sure you know in a conventional table when you go across the
top jaws should be reading all the column headings.
However in the case of the rockbox site a lot of player types when using the
table keystrokes are only read half way through the table.
so I don't think it is just a training issue, I think the rockbox pages that
deal with manuals and daily builds do need to be looked at.