Subject: Re: question about website feedback

Re: question about website feedback

From: Christopher Chaltain <cchaltain_at_austin.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 13:53:54 -0500

On 6/12/2009 9:20 PM, alex wallis wrote:
> Hi Christopher,
> I saw your message posted on this thread, just one thing, please can
> you not top post to the list, and any chance you could please get rid
> of all the junk within your message like original message.
> and not include the rest of the thread when you reply, unless it
> contains points you wish to respond to.
> if it does contain points, can you please write underneath each point
> you want to comment on, this will make your post far more readable.
> what exactly was the point you were trying to make with your reply?
> was it the bit at the top about mac software?

I'm assuming you're directing this at me, but I'm a bit confused. I didn't top post. I also trimmed most of what I was replying to, and I tried to only include the points I was replying to, but I freely admit I could have trimmed more. In my own defense, I spent quite a bit of time trimming over 75% of what I was replying to (including long signatures and messages from antivirus applications) from respondants who had top posted and who hadn't trimmed the messages they were replying to.

Since I only wanted to make two points, and they were so closely related, I didn't think it made sense to embed those points in the text of the message I was replying to. I can see where my response might have been made more readable, but as I said above, I was hampered by the fact that the messages I was replying to had not followed list etiquette.

The two related points I was making were:
1) JAWS does allow you to read the web page the way it is laid out and
2) using this setting might help read the page in question with JAWS.

--
Christopher
cchaltain_at_austin.rr.com