Subject: Re: Ipod Video question.

Re: Ipod Video question.

From: Paul Louden <>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 08:53:44 -0500

Maurice Press wrote:
> Hi, Thanks for this.
> Maybe I didn't explain myself properly.
> All my music is on the Ipod but, instead of being in a directory called
> "Music" It's in the directory called "database" which is an ipod icon next
> to files.
> However, when I look at the Ipod via my PC, there is a directory called
> "Music" but no database.
> So, it's obviously something to do with where the Ipod software is putting
> my "Music" directory.
> My only query is that it didn't use to be in "Database" which was empty.
> I have put some of my music in "Playlists" and this is fine.
> Is this any clearer.

Your music will be wherever you put it. "Files" shows the exact filetree
of your player, so whatever folder you put your music it, it will be in
that folder under the "Files" option. The "database" option is populated
with music in your player organized via its tags. It will have music in
it if you've initialized your database. These things are covered in the

Both you and Constantine have been top posting to the list. Please,
stop. I'm quite certain I've told at least Constantine about this
guideline before.