Subject: Re: Top Posting/ Bottom Posting

Re: Top Posting/ Bottom Posting

From: Ed Nickl <pioneer4x4_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 12:48:28 -0400

> > WJCarpenter schrieb:
>> No matter what your rationale (and I've read a bunch of them looking for
>> something compelling), it actually makes very little practical difference
>> in your understanding of the content of messages.
>
> Of course it does! I (as the reader of the message) have to first find out
> where the *new* text goes.

This is pretty much where I am on this topic. Personally I like the new
stuff to be at the top, but on long chains, it get's horrible no matter
where is it. Then top posting is best since you can find the new stuff.
Bottom posting is OK, and inline posting sucks if you add content in many
places, and heaven forbid quoting the mix!