Subject: Re: Top Posting/ Bottom Posting

Re: Top Posting/ Bottom Posting

From: Glenn Ervin <>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 19:58:30 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ed Nickl" <>
To: "Rockbox" <>

This is pretty much where I am on this topic. Personally I like the new
stuff to be at the top, but on long chains, it get's horrible no matter
where is it. Then top posting is best since you can find the new stuff.
Bottom posting is OK, and inline posting sucks if you add content in many
places, and heaven forbid quoting the mix!
I agree, as I set my screenreader to not say the greater than signs, as I
find it difficult to hear:
at the beginning of each line, thus finding the new text in the middle of a
message is so impossible, I give up trying unless it is essential
information, or a short message to begin with.
I know it is the list rules here, so I'm not expecting a change here, but I
have never figured out why people need to read the old text over and over
again if they are following a thread.
Top posting is more like a normal conversation with a group of folks, where
you are just following along with a topic. I try to write my responses in a
complete sentance so people will know what I am responding to, such as:
"I think it is better for the battery to be fully recharged before removing
it from the charger"
rather than:
"It's better than letting it get part way done before removing it."

But since the rules for this list are for bottom posting, I don't know why I
am putting in my 2 cents worth anyway, except that I felt compelled to

E-mail message checked by Spyware Doctor (
Database version: 6.12650