Subject: RE: Ipod 80GB Video question.

RE: Ipod 80GB Video question.

From: Maurice Press <>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 16:40:09 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On
Behalf Of Rafal Carr
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 4:09 PM

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 15:50:55 +0100
"Maurice Press" <> wrote:

> Hi All.
> I've recently successfully installed the latest version of Rockbox
> and the English voice file.
> All works well with one odd exception.
> All my music has been moved over to the Database Directory Whereas
> it used to be in a directory called "Music" in files.

The "Database" is just a database of your files, it shows you the list
of music files present on your ipod with different ways of sorting.

No moving is involved at all.

> Now I've checked the manual on this and it says that the Database
> usually stores files from Itunes. However, I'm not using Itunes on
> this occasion but straight cut and paste.
> So, This is my question.
> If I delete Database completely from the Rockbox directory, will
> this screw up the Ipod?
> When I go into Files my music isn't there even though there's a
> directory called "Music" that shows up when I look at the Ipod using
> the PC.

Try to set the "show files" setting to "all" and see if the files are

Maurice Says:

Yes files are all there but interestingly enough, my subdirectories such as
Myusic, My BBC Stuff ETC aren't being spoken but Rockbox just says:
"Folder". Once inside the folder, all is spoken properly.

Rafal Carr