Subject: Re: Rockbox User Con

Re: Rockbox User Con

From: Paul Louden <>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 13:58:56 -0500

alex wallis wrote:
> So I would be very interested in attending such an event, though after
> September it will be a bit harder for me to attend anything, so my
> vote if we start thinking about locations and dates would be before
> september.
It's really far too late to try to plan something like this now. You
should start planning for next year, or at least next major holiday
period. You still need to find a location, arrange what's going to
happen during that period, everyone needs to arrange transportation and
possibly time off, make rooming reservations, etc. These things are much
easier and cheaper if you have time to do so.

Really, there's not too much point in even discussing this until
someone's ready to say "I'm willing to host a user gathering and have a
suitable location." Until then, you're mostly wishing for someone else
to do something.