Subject: The Recording screen

The Recording screen

From: Onj <onj_at_andrelouis.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 10:45:01 +0100

Greetings. I noticed sometime ago that the recording screen now wraps.
Now I understand that the rest of the Rockbox menus do this, but when
speech is available, it doesn't matter nearly as much. However, with this
screen wrapping, the only way to know where I am for sure is to exit the
record screen and go back into it.
Would it be possible for some kind dev to make it not do that again? This
may seem trivial and stupid, but if, like me, you're outside and trying to
record and you know that you chose to turn up the left gain a little to
make it match, then you press up a few times without counting to make sure
that you land on the output volume only to realise you didn't, and actually
you turned on AGC or something else, it can be quite annoying. Obviously
since speech doesn't work in this screen, being able to press up as many
times as you wish then count down is a benefit, but this is no longer
possible.
I ruined a perfectly good recording due to the fact that I turned on the
AGC without realising and I can never do that again.
Any help would be most appreciated.

     MR Andre P. Louis

  My personal site: http://AndreLouis.COM
  My Live Journal: http://LJ.AndreLouis.COM
  On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/andre.louis
  Free music (for use in MOH systems, podcasts and radio):
http://onj1.AndreLouis.COM/Beds
  The Beyond Radio Network (TBRN:) http://www.TBRN.NET
  Rockbox voices: http://onj1.AndreLouis.COM/rockbox
  The phonetones project: http://onj1.AndreLouis.COM/phonetones

   Online contacts:

  Email and NET Messenger: Andre_at_AndreLouis.COM
  Aim: FreakyFwoof

   Telephone contacts:

  Home (phone United Kingdom): +44207-0788886
  Home (fax United Kingdom): +44207- 2212126
  Cellular (United Kingdom): +44-7875-546903
 In the United States: +1-404-8065809
or
 +1-425-906-3664

A PROUD Samsung NC10 Netbook owner since 05/12/2008.