Subject: Re: The Recording screen

Re: The Recording screen

From: alex wallis <>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 11:14:04 +0100

> Greetings. I noticed sometime ago that the recording screen now wraps.
> Now I understand that the rest of the Rockbox menus do this, but when
> speech is available, it doesn't matter nearly as much. However, with this
> screen wrapping, the only way to know where I am for sure is to exit the
> record screen and go back into it.
> Would it be possible for some kind dev to make it not do that again? This
> may seem trivial and stupid, but if, like me, you're outside and trying to
> record and you know that you chose to turn up the left gain a little to
> make it match, then you press up a few times without counting to make sure
> that you land on the output volume only to realise you didn't, and
> actually you turned on AGC or something else, it can be quite annoying.
> Obviously since speech doesn't work in this screen, being able to press up
> as many times as you wish then count down is a benefit, but this is no
> longer possible.

It sounds like Andre may have unintentionally given a very valid use case
for fs #10311

I don't mind the patch created by pondlife that makes beginning and end menu
entries speak, that is fs #10336
However I am simply saying it sounds like andre could benefit from fs
#10311, and the advantage of
fs #10311 is you wouldn't have to change existing menu behaviour in terms of
wrapping around.

Though I do also like pondlifes pach, which I have been using quite a lot,
there are still cases where I like the beep provided by fs #10311