Subject: odd behaviour when playing back folder.

odd behaviour when playing back folder.

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 21:31:23 +0100

Hi list.

I hope this is the right list to post this question on,
but has anyone noticed the following behaviour when playing a dynamic
playlist in rockbox?
I am sitting quite happily listening to a track, when suddenly for no
apparent reason rockbox abruptly just skips completely to the next folder in
the directory I am listening to.
This seems to have know patern, and I can't predict when its going to
happen.
It usually happens quite far from the end of the playlist, and when I stop
the newly playing track which is always the first track in the next folder
and reload the previous track and go back to the position where the skip
happened playback continues normally right to the end of the playlist and
into the folder which was previously jumped to.

I don't know if this behaviour happens with an actual playlist file as i
only use dynamic playlists.

I have noticed this behaviour off and on for quite some time now, it just
happened to me today with the latest build.

Just wondering does anyone have any thoughts what might be causing the issue
and how it might be tracked down? as I guess this skipping to the next
folder shouldn't be happening and it should probably be sorted.

I am using an h140 with the latest svn code.
The way I have the folders sorted for what I am listening is that I have one
big folder called dark shadows on my player, then I have boxes 1-32, and in
each box I have folders named disc 1,2, 3 and 4.
Say I am listening to disc 1 in a particular box when this jump happens it
will jump me to the first track in disc 2. It doesn't seem to matter what
track I am listening to in the previous disc I can't detect a patern.