Subject: assistance with a cygwin problem.

assistance with a cygwin problem.

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 12:11:09 +0100

Hi list.
I am wondering if someone could please help me with a cygwin problem I am
having.

Today I had to rerun my configure script and do a make reconf because of a
recent commit that caused the warning about my one being out of date.

I did this, and got told I should run a command called
make reconf../tmp

I ran this command, and now when I run the ../tools/configure command,
before I get to choose from the list of players, I always get the word tmp
come up before the list is shown.

So my question, I guess you probably all know what it is, how exactly do I
stop this tmp thing showing up whenever I run ../tools/configure, and reset
the behaviour to how it was before I ran that command that make reconf told
me to run?

I am guessing I just have to edit some kind of profile, as I really don't
want to have to reinstall cygwin just to fix a minor issue.

I am really not a cygwin or linux expert, I only really understand enough to
compile rockbox source and patch it and that's about it.
So if it involves editing various things or entering lots of commands, can
you please make it as simple as possible? and not assume I will understand
something like just edit this or that profile, but actually say something
like edit this profile by doing the following, and take out that line and
then save it, basically be as basic as possible with me.
Many thanks for any help.
Alex.