Subject: Massaging Mp4 files to work in Rockbox

Massaging Mp4 files to work in Rockbox

From: Stephen Clower <steve_at_steve-audio.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 07:35:42 -0500

Greetings,

I am working with a large directory of mp4 files that were ripped with
Winamp on an 80 GB Ipod 5.5. Rockbox works very nicely with just about
every file I throw at it except for any of these files. The sparse
information I could locate on the Rockbox wiki indicates that the most
likely problem is the metadata is at the end, and not the beginning, of
the files. Since reripping the 700+ CDs isn't a viable option, I am
wondering if anyone knows of a utility that can process these files, and
if necessary, move the metadata to the beginning of the files so they
stream properly. Or, failing that, a detailed spec of an aac container
with mp4 data would also prove helpful.

Thanks and best regards,
Steve