Subject: Re: Massaging Mp4 files to work in Rockbox

Re: Massaging Mp4 files to work in Rockbox

From: Onj <>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:00:45 +0100

From: Stephen Clower <>
 on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 1:35 PM

> Greetings,
 Since reripping the 700+ CDs isn't a viable option, I am
> wondering if anyone knows of a utility that can process these files, and
> if necessary, move the metadata to the beginning of the files so they
> stream properly. Or, failing that, a detailed spec of an aac container
> with mp4 data would also prove helpful.

Greetings yourself. this is not necessarily a particularly viable solution
I wager, but you could, if you were willing to suffer some loss, diskwrite
those mp4 files to another format in winamp, or possibly a better
alternative would be to use Db Poweramp in hopes that it can do what you
require. Please note, I know *nothing* about this program, but have heard
it mentioned with good results. That may or may not help.