Subject: RE: Asperger's Online Test [was: Re: apology]

RE: Asperger's Online Test [was: Re: apology]

From: Christopher Woods <christof_at_infinitus.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 16:32:34 +0100

> Why would this work any better than pointing them to the
> guidelines posted at the end of every message? People who
> don't want to follow the rules will make a fuss about it no
> matter where the conversation is held. Most of the people
> involved in this conversation have heard the reasons before
> and just look for an excuse to chime in about their objection
> to the posted guidelines every time it comes up again.
>
> Having the thread in the forums just means you're spamming
> forum users with something most of them don't care about (as
> the majority of them are not mailing list users) while not
> doing anything that will convince problem users here to just
> accept that sometimes you have to follow someone else's
> rules, even if you don't agree with them.

Imho a forum would be a superior venue for this type of discussion, because
people have to effectively opt in to read the thread. With the email
discussion list, we all get every email, whether we regard this discussion
as cruft or valuable discourse. (and it's a lot easier to quickly refer
someone to a URL than a previous message in a long-winded thread)