Subject: Re: apology

Re: apology

From: David Hall <>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 09:39:55 -0400

Paul Louden wrote:
> Christopher Woods wrote:
>> I don't think people should've been called out on the list,
> The main advantage for reminding people on the list is that it makes it
> clear when and how the rules are being enforced.

This philosophy would be all well and good if it produced the results
desired. I believe threads of this length prove the repeated behavior
is not producing desired results and therefore should be ceased and a
new method found to accomplish stated goals.

> Basically, doing things in the open means there are no cover-ups.

Your <snipped> anecdotes notwithstanding, I emphasize my point that if
the definition of insanity is repeating behavior expecting different
results, this method of rule enforcement is insane.

Perhaps off-list discussion is not the answer - but (IMHO) clearly
on-list discussion is not the answer.