Subject: Re: question about copying and pasting files.

Re: question about copying and pasting files.

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 17:36:16 +0100

> On 15.07.2009 17:42, alex wallis wrote:
>
>> is there a way you can select multiple files.
>
> As far as I know there is no such possibility in Rockbox. The only way to
> cut/copy many files in one step is to connect the player to a computer
> (via USB) and do all the stuff on the computer (using its tools).
>

>> I am thinking for example of if you want to delete more than one file
>> from a folder, or if you want to copy or cut multiple files from a folder
>> into a different directory.
>
> We could develop a special plugin for that. But nobody has started it yet.
I don't think a plugin would be good, as they are not accessible with speech
yet.
What I would like to see is the ability to move to a particular file or
folder press a given combination of buttons to mark it,then scroll to
another file or folder that is several away from the one you marked, press
the same buttons and mark that as well, and the ability to be able to repeat
this for as many files or folders as you need.

I will open a forum thread on this issue I think, if the feature does not
exist in rockbox.
As a person will not always have access to a computer if they are out and
about.

In fact, the more I think about this, I think such an ability to highlight
multiple entries could be extended to a lot of other things in rockbox, for
example adding or removing entries from lists such as bookmarks or
playlists, I am sure there would be a lot of other uses for such a feature,
and that it would probably be better in the core.