Subject: Re: Extremely unusual query.

Re: Extremely unusual query.

From: Johannes Linke <johannes.linke_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 11:05:57 +0200

Maurice Press schrieb:
> Hi All,
>
> I was using my Apple 80GB iPOD yesterday afternoon and altering some of its
> settings.
> However, due to the slight inconsistency between speech and some of the
> menu items, I pressed the wrong option and the whole iPOD stopped speaking
> which for someone like me without any sight was a problem.
>
> My sister, who is very iPOD savvy, came over and looked at my iPOd for
> me. She burst out laughing but then realised how serious it was.
> For some reason, all the menu items were in another language. We think it's
> Russian or maybe Greek.
>
> Now none of us speak either of those languages so this could be a problem.
>
> The slight anomaly is that sub-directories like "My Music", "Audio Books"
> and all my music albums are in English.
> I have no doubt however that this is the reason the iPOD isn't speaking.
> I've tried reinstalling Rockbox but no cigar as they say.
>
> So, this is the question.
>
> Can anyone tell me if it's possible to change the language back into
> US/English without having any sight or knowledge of Russion or Greek.
>
> If this isn't possible, are there
> Any other options?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Maurice Press.

Open .rockbox/config.cfg (with your computer) and change the line "lang:
/.rockbox/langs/greek.lng" or russian.lng to "lang:
/.rockbox/langs/english.lng".

Maybe you need to reboot after that... You also could delete config.cfg
or delete the whole .rockbox directory and copy a new one to your player.

Best regards,

Johannes