Subject: RE: Problem downgrading Sansa e250 OF to disable database refreshing

RE: Problem downgrading Sansa e250 OF to disable database refreshing

From: Christopher Chaltain <chaltain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 20:53:03 -0500

If you're just trying to attach the Sansa to your PC to transfer files over
to it as a USB attached drive then you can avoid the Sansa firmware
altogether. Rockbox 3.3 has USB support built in and enabled. Make sure
you're you have Rockbox 3.3 installed and then just make sure your Sansa is
turned on and running Rockbox when you attach it to your PC. Since Rockbox
3.3 now has USB support, your Sansa won't reboot back into the Sansa
firmware when it's connected to your system, so therefore it won't try to
update the Sansa music database.

If you attach your Sansa while it's power off then it'll still come up with
the Sansa firmware. You need to have Rockbox running when you attach it.
Instructions have been posted on how to replace the boot loader on your
Sansa so that it doesn't boot the Sansa firmware in this case, but I haven't
done that myself yet.

--
Christopher
chaltain_at_gmail.com