Subject: Re: assistance with patch that isn't working.

Re: assistance with patch that isn't working.

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 18:56:51 +0100

    @@ -910,7 +911,9 @@
           static struct tree_context backup;
           char current[MAX_PATH];
           int last_context;
    -
    + else /* reset current[] */
    + current[0] = '\0';
    +
           backup = tc;
           tc.selected_item = 0;
           tc.dirlevel = 0;

  'else' needs to happen after an 'if'. The patch is being applied in the wrong place. Maybe it's for a different revision of tree.c?

  The place that you got the patch file from might mention a revision number. Or look at the date that it was posted and checkout a revision closer to that date.

  Instead of figuring out the proper revision, you could try looking around near that point in tree.c to find an 'if' that deals with 'current', and add those two lines there (the 'case' part of the patch appears to be in the right place, but it looks like it was an unintentional change since it only changed some whitespace). If you're applying the patch file against the wrong revision, though, you might run into other problems as well.

  Hi thanks for replying to my message. Sorry it has taken me a while to reply. That's a bit clearer about why the patch isn't working. Though I can only find one if statement that directly refers to current, and the compiler still didn't like it when I put the else statement there so I am not sure why. Maybe I should just give up on this patch all together.

  All it does is make it so that a press of record and play together loads a patch on my player called playing time, and a press of record brings up the radio.
  All I was really interested in is the playing time part, and all not having this patch means is is its going to be a bit more annoying to access but I can live with that as I am really not sure why the compiler doesn't like the else next to the only if statement in tree.c that directly talks about current.
  I didn't get the patch from a website, it was written by someone I know slightly.