Re: Disk access on Insert next

From: Paul Louden <>
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 13:26:47 -0500

Christopher Culver wrote:
> All good points. But as this particular action kills my battery, but
> automatic motion through the playlist from one track to the next
> doesn't, I just wonder if something unusual is going on during that
> disk access.
Typical data only spins up the disk every half hour or so (full hour if
you have 64MB iPod). There's also the fact that you've got the backlight
on the whole time you're browsing. Additional spinups plus additional
backlight use will drain any battery significantly faster.

If you've never replaced the battery in it, though, it certainly needs
replacing. No iPod currently supported by Rockbox is young enough to
really have a "good condition" battery at this point if it's never been