Re: M:ROBE 'Hold switch on'.

From: Guillaume Yziquel <>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 19:28:44 +0200

Sorry for the long replying delay.

Hussein Patwa a écrit :
>> However, I cannot have any form of interaction with the device now that
>> the screen mentions this 'Hold switch on, Shutting down...'. Switching
>> on and off the switch doesn't do anything. Pressing the restart button
>> doesn't either. Et ceterae.
>> For now, I'm waiting for it to run out of batteries.
>> That's why I'd appreciate knowing of a way to investigate what is
>> happening.
> So, just to confirm, the hold switch is definitely off, and yet you can get no response from the device - basically the hold switch is off and the device has crashed? Have you tried toggling the hold switch to the other position and trying to restart just in case?

I confirm. I tried to restart. Just nothing happens.

When it runs out of batteries, I can restart it and everything's fine
again. However, the described behaviour has happened three times up to
now, so I believe that there is a problem somewhere.

I simply believe that M:Robe isn't the most widely used platform for
Rockbox, that's all...

So, how should I start investigating this issue?

All the best,

      Guillaume Yziquel