Subject: Re: unable to get latest version of rockbox to work on old V1

Re: unable to get latest version of rockbox to work on old V1

From: <covici_at_ccs.covici.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 13:54:54 -0400

Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> covici_at_ccs.covici.com wrote:
> > Aren't those the files I downloaded?
>
> No, according to your original message, you downloaded the voice file
> for the Player model, and not the Recorder:
>
> > I unzipped the zip file rockbox-recorder-3.4.zip and
> > player-3.4-english.zip into the root of the player.
>
> Linus
I now have the correct voice file, but still no voice. I have had
someone with eyeballs verify that voice menues are on, but I hear no
voice. I do hear files if I play them, however.

The voice file I have is the following:
-rw-r----- 1 covici covici 1267821 Sep 24 03:09 recorder-3.4-english.zip

Any ideas why no voice?

How do