Subject: RE: unable to get latest version of Rockbox to work on old V1

RE: unable to get latest version of Rockbox to work on old V1

From: Hussein Patwa <rockbox_at_patwanet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 00:35:12 +0100

> > And please report back if it worked.
> The size uncompressed is 1351196. Will that fit in the audio buffer?
> Also, what is the procedure for building a voice file, since I cannot
> see, I cannot use the rockbox utility, but if there is a bash script or
> something on windows I could try that.

Hi,

Just a quick one as I'm on the move again. All of the info you need is in
the wiki - there is a whole section for blind users, and also detailed
information on compiling a voice file. This can be done either through the
Rockbox Utility, although as this is currently inaccessible to screen
readers you'll want to use the longer, but in my opinion more useful as a
learning experience, cygwin-based approach.

If you're having trouble finding it you can feel free to drop me a line off
list. I've made up voice files for people before, and would be happy to do
the same for you. Alternatively, I can talk you through setting up your
computer appropriately. Note it's not exactly a five minute job to set it
up, but if you're into that sort of thing it can be a handy learning device.

database 4465 (20090928) __________

http://www.eset.com