Subject: Re: unable to get latest version of rockbox to work on old V1

Re: unable to get latest version of rockbox to work on old V1

From: Matthew Moore <anonymous.jondoe_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 20:51:33 -0600

On Tuesday September 29 2009 7:44:55 pm Glenn Ervin wrote:
> So in my opinion, as idf it matters, this list should be more accommedating
> to the users, and that is essential, if the Developers want RockBox to be
> popular.

debian-users and the LKML (for example) are mailing lists with etiquette rules
that are followed by all but the most novice users. These novice users change
their ways after being told about the usual etiquette and after seeing the way
that everyone else behaves on the list. These are both "user lists" and both
Debian and the Linux kernel are very popular. In this light, I fail to see the
connection between a list being unaccommodating and the community requesting
that users read the documentation, search google, and format their replies as
inline responses.

MM