Subject: RE: unable to get latest version of rockbox to work on old V1

RE: unable to get latest version of rockbox to work on old V1

From: Sant, Nick (NY) <"Sant,>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 15:17:44 -0400

> -----Original Message-----
> From: rockbox-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se
[mailto:rockbox-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se]
> On Behalf Of Ed Nickl
> >
> > This is not a profession - it's a hobby. Nobody has any right to
expect
> > any support. Maybe this list should just be closed down.
> >
> > pondlife
> Totally not my point. If he/you/whoever doesn't want to help, just
don't
> click the button. And if you can't expect help on a "Support" list,
what
> can you expect?

In exactly the same manner, if you don't want to help, don't whinge
about others not helping.
You described yourself as a lowly user who would help IF you used voice
files. Is there anything stopping you from using voice files and then
providing the help?

Put your money where your mouth is. The point of this being a volunteer
led effort means that if you feel the level of support is inadequate
then probably the best way to improve this is to offer your own time to
support users in the way that you feel would be better.

As has been said many times in the past, there are rules to this list
for a reason. These rules are continually ignored and as a direct result
of this, most of the developers (those who are best placed to be able to
provide the greatest amount and depth of help) have been driven away.

[Apologies in advance for the huge automatically added signature]

DISCLAIMER: The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient(s), any use, disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by e-mail or by telephone at 212-224-3300 and then delete the e-mail and all attachments and any copies thereof.

Institutional Investor Inc. cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this e-mail, as it has been transmitted over a public network. If you suspect that the e-mail may have been intercepted or amended, please call the sender. Any views expressed by an individual in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the views of Institutional Investor Inc. This communication is from Institutional Investor Inc., a company incorporated in the State of Delaware in the United States of America and located at 225 Park Avenue South, New York, New York 10003.