Subject: Re: unable to get latest version of rockbox to work on old V1

Re: unable to get latest version of rockbox to work on old V1

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 15:26:19 -0500

Ed Nickl wrote:

> Way to provide friendly, intelligent, helpful support.
Way to actually read the whole thread - the user was given friendly,
helpful, intelligent support. Then Tom Cole ranted at the Rockbox staff
for having done so.
> Instead of ranting on how others do things that differ from how you
> would, how about actually helping someone? If I used voice files, or
> if I had one of those players, I would give it a try myself. But I am
> just a lowly 'user'.
By this point the problem has long since been solved, so I don't
understand your point here at all. There's no support being requested at
the moment, and the answer had already been proposed long before my
first post in this thread. Then again, this is clearly a "do as I say,
not as I do" because I note you chose to post not to help a support
request, but to "rant on how others do things that differs from how you
would." Seriously, you don't make a point by acting in exactly the way
you decry.

> Wow, way to go on a "support" list... I wish I could do that in my
> profession. My work load would be so light!
Nobody's getting paid here. Nobody was denied support. All I said was
"If you don't like that we sometimes miss things on release, don't use
the software." That's the process I was referring to (again something I
guess you missed by not reading everything). This wasn't about denying
anyone support, and never was. Support was given, but Tom Cole claimed
that it was "unacceptable" that the release happened to have a broken
voice file overlooked, and "unacceptable" that Dominik simply requested
to hear if his proposed solution actually worked.

Seriously, I know people have a negative opinion of me around here, but
if you're just gonna jump in every time I post looking for an excuse to
rant at me, at the *very* least read what's actually going on so you
don't make a fool of yourself while doing it.